Queer Crafternoon Presents:
Saturday, June 27 2020
1:30pm - 3:00pm
Queer Crafternoon is a free monthly drop-in art space for queer, trans, and two-spirit folks of all ages along with their friends and family to craft, create, and connect!
Join us on Saturday June 27th from 1:30-3. We will add a Zoom link soon.
This month we are excited to be distributing felting kits from Knotty By Nature! Felting kits will be available for pick-up or delivery (within the Greater Victoria area) later this month. If you would like a felting kit, please contact us by Facebook, Instagram, or email. We will add you to our list and respond with more details once everything is ready to go!
If there’s anything we can do to make this event more accessible for you, don’t hesitate to reach out. You can message us or email email@example.com
These events will be taking place on the traditional and unceded territories of the Lkwungen speaking peoples of the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations and the W̱SÁNEĆ peoples. We would like to acknowledge the rich and vibrant artistic practices of the Coast Salish Nations as well as those across Turtle Island that, along with their people, have faced persecution and attempted destruction by forces of colonization both past and present. Great honour and respect to the generations that have worked to keep these traditions alive, and to all those contributing to their revitalization today. Háy̓sxʷ q̓ə siám.
Who we are:
We are a group of 5 queer youth living on unceded Lkwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ territory. We are running monthly (now bimonthly) crafternoons thanks to a #RisingYouth grant from TakingITGlobal, the Government of Canada, and Canada Service Corps.
We have developed a community agreement can be found below. This can be altered and added to collaboratively as we begin to work and collaborate together to make the event safe and fun for everyone.
- Take care of yourself however you need, the events are an open space and everyone is welcome to come and go at any point and for any reason.
- Any level of participation is welcome
- Assume good intent and take responsibility for harm you cause
- Don’t assume identity, experience or pronouns.
- We ask that participants don’t drink or openly use substances on video chat and we recognize that some folks might need to use substances in order to be able to attend. Come however you need to, the only requirement is that you are still able to uphold the community agreements.
- The information people share in this space (such as gender identity and sexual orientation) might be private in other contexts. Be sensitive about people’s confidentiality if you encounter them outside of crafternoon
- We are a medium-low sensory space. Crafting is often messy and loud, we ask that folks are aware and respectful of the noise levels they are creating. (You can mute your mic if you’re creating a bunch of noise!)