Spectra Services Presents:
Tuesday, May 28 2019
10:00am - 3:30pm
$39 – $49.99
This Introductory Training for Non-Profits is designed to provide you and your organization with the tools, knowledge and awareness to assist in helping you build self-awareness, knowledge, and tools that you need. The training will include a mix of educational modalities, including experiential activities and group discussions, to maximize a diverse learning styles.
You will learn:
– Gender, Sexual and Two-Spirit Diversity Basics
– Understand how and what appropriate language to use
– Statistics and better understanding of the experiences of Sexual and Gender Diverse persons.
– Tools to be an ally as a member of the larger community and as a professional
– The basic understanding and tools to create an inclusive/ welcoming space and other materials (Policies, website, & social media)
Please note: The Competency training is divided into two parts. 1) Sexual and Gender Diversity Basics, and 2) Assessment for ally ship as individuals and as organizations. The second part is optional but you will need the first part to attend the 2nd and I do recommend attending the 2nd half as it completes the workshop and provides solid pieces for you and your organization to build the capacity you are desiring.
Who: Anyone who works, volunteers or is on a board/ committee for a non-profit or the city in some capacity.
Cost: Training fee varies depending if you are a volunteer Victoria member or not and depending on which half of the training you would like to take. All prices are on the Eventbrite page.
Registration: (Please register to attend as we will need a Min. of 6 folks attending for the workshop to be a go). At present, we have seats open for the first half of the training, and we are needing at least 5 more folks to register for the 2nd half of the training.
First half of Training: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/sexual-and-gender-diversity-training-part-1-tickets-56946139436